Research Scientist, Dr, PhD
CNR - Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche
ISTM - Istituto di Scienze e Tecnologie Molecolari
c/o Dipartimento di Chimica
Università degli Studi di Milano
Via C. Golgi, 19
Phone(office): (+39) 02 503 14064
Fax(office): (+39) 02 503 14072
Phone(lab.): (+39) 02 503 14066
2000 Laurea in Chemistry at the University of Milan (Advisor: Prof. Anna Bernardi)
2003 Ph.D. in Chemical Sciences from the University of Milan with thesis entitled "“Polyvalent pseuduglycoconjugates: synthesis, characterisation and study of the interaction with the Cholera toxin”" (Supervisor: Prof. Anna Bernardi)
2003-2004 Research fellowship of the University of Pavia, Department of pharmaceutical chemistry on the “Stereoselective synthesis of conformationally constrained peptidomimetics” under the supervision of Prof. Lino Colombo
2004-2005 Research fellowship of the University of Milan, CISI Center of biomolecular Interdisciplinary Studies and Industrial applications on the “Design and synthesis of integrin ligands for diagnostic and therapeutic applications” under the supervision of Prof. Carlo Scolastico.
Academic positions held
2010 Permanent position as Research Scientist at CNR-ISTM Milano.
2006-2009 Temporary position as Research Scientist at CNR-ISTM Milano.
a.a.2013/2014 Adjunct professor for the Laoratory corse of organic chemistry “Laboratorio di Chimica Organica 2” at the University of Milan, Department of Organic Chemistry.
No awards added yet
|Main fields:||Organic Chemistry, Medicinal chemistry, Nanomedicine.|
Her research interest is focused on the synthesis of bioactive compounds with a past experience in the synthesis of peptidomimetics and pseudosaccharides. In recent years she has also added the interest in nanomedicine and particularly in the use of nanoparticles as diagnostic probes, drug delivery systems or more generally as a tool for investigate biological processes.
She is the author/coauthor of 3 patents, and 30 papers published in international refereed journals (H index:14; source WOS)
List of Last 5 publications:
- L. Battistini, P. Burreddu, A. Sartori, D. Arosio, L. Manzoni, L. Paduano, G. D’Errico, R. Sala, L. Reia, S. Bonomini, G. Rassu, F. Zanardi. Enhancement of the uptake and cytotoxic activity of doxorubicin in cancer cells by novel cRGD-semipeptide-anchoring liposomes. Molecular Pharmaceutics. 2014, 11, 2280-2293.
- M. Mingozzi, L. Manzoni, D. Arosio, A. Dal Corso, M. Manzotti, F. Innamorati, L. Pignataro, D. Lecis, D. Delia, P. Seneci, and C. Gennai. Synthesis and biological evaluation of dual action cyclo-RGD/SMAC mimetic conjugates targeting avβ3/avβ5 integrins and IAP proteins. Org. Biomol. Chem. 2014, 12, 3288–3302.
- C. Casagrande, D. Arosio, C. Kusmic, L. Manzoni, L. Menichetti, A. L’Abbate. Molecular targeting of imaging and drug delivery probes in atherosclerosis. Ann. Report Med. Chem. 2013, 48, 105-118.
- L. Menichetti, C. Kusmic, D. Panetta, D. Arosio, D. Petroni, M. Matteucci, P. A. Salvadori, C. Casagrande, A. L’Abbate, L. Manzoni. MicroPET/CT imaging of αvβ3 integrin via a novel 68Ga-NOTA-RGD peptidomimetic conjugate in rat myocardial infarction. Eur. J. Nucl. Med. Mol. Imaging, 2013,40(8), 1265-1274.
- L. Menichetti, L. Manzoni, L. Paduano, A. Flori, C. Kusmic, D. De Marchi, S. Casciaro, F. Conversano, M. Lombardi, V. Positano, D. Arosio. Iron oxide-gold core-shell nanoparticles as multi-modal imaging contrast agent, IEEE Sens. J., 2013, 13(6), 2341-2347.
- C. Gennari, L. Belvisi, D. Potenza, R. Colombo, M. Mingozzi, M. Marchini, L. Manzoni, D. Arosio, P.M.C. Perego, N. Zaffaroni, M. De Cesare, U. Piarulli, Nuovi Composti Antitumorali Italian Patent - Application 31 January 2012, N. MI2012A000121
- L. Lattuada, P. Morosini, F. Uggeri, S. Aime, E. Terreno, D. Delli Castelli, C. Scolastico, L. Manzoni, D. Arosio, Integrin targeted synthetic ligands for diagnostic and therapeutic applications, PCT Int. Appl. 2006, 57pp. WO 2006095234 A2 20060914.
- C. Scolastico, L. Manzoni, D. Arosio, Preparation of peptidomimetics as integrin inhibitors, PCT Int.Appl. 2006, 140pp. WO 2006092722 A1 200660908.
No collaborations added yet