1992 Laurea in Chemistry at the University of Milan (Advisor: Prof. Carlo Scolastico)
1995 Ph.D. in Chemical Sciences from the University of Milan with thesis on the "Stereoselective synthesis of peptidomimetic with potential biological activity" (Supervisor: Prof. Carlo Scolastico)
1996-1997 Alexander von Humboldt Fellowship (University of Konstanz, Prof. R.R. Schmidt, oligosaccharides synthesis)
1998-2000 Research fellowship of the University of Milan (peptidomimetic synthesis)
Academic positions held
2001 Permanent position as Research Scientist at CNR-ISTM Milan
a.a. 2013-2016 Adjunct Professor for the Laboratory Course of Organic Chemistry "Applied Organic Chemistry"
2001 He was awarded with C.I.N.M.P.I.S. prize “Innovation in the Organic Synthesis” for having applied the “Low Fluorous Technologies” in the synthesis of oligosaccharides and peptides.
|Main fields:||Organic Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry|
His research interest is focused on the synthesis of bioactive compounds with a past experience in the synthesis of peptidomimetics and oligosaccharides.
He is author/coauthor of 10 Patent, and 66 papers published in international refereed journals (H index: 27; source Scopus).
List of last 5 publications:
- Mingozzi, L. Manzoni, D. Arosio, A. Dal Corso, M. Manzotti, F. Innamorati, L. Pignataro, D. Lecis, D. Delia, P. Seneci, C. Gennari. Synthesis and biological evaluation of dual action cyclo-RGD/SMAC mimetic conjugates targeting αvβ3/αvβ5 integrins and IAP proteins. Org. Biomol. Chem., 2014, 3288-3302.
- Doro, C. Colombo, C. Alberti, D. Arosio, L. Belvisi, C. Casagrande, R. Fanelli, L. Manzoni, E. Parisini, U. Piarulli, E. Luison, M. Figini, A. Tomassetti, M. Civera, Computational design of novel peptidomimetic inhibitors of cadherin homophilic interactions. Org. Biomol. Chem. 2015, 13, 2570-2573.
- Bianchi, D. Arosio, P. Perego, M. De Cesare, N. Carenini, N. Zaffaroni, M. De Matteo, L. Manzoni. Design, Synthesis and Biological Evaluation of Novel Dimeric and Tetrameric cRGD-Paclitaxel Conjugates for Integrin-Assisted Drug Delivery. Org. Biomol. Chem. 2015, 13, 7530-7541.
- Pilkington-Miksa, E.M.V. Araldi, D. Arosio, L. Belvisi, M. Civera, and L. Manzoni, New Potent αvβ3 Integrin Ligands Based on Azabicycloalkane (g,α)-Dipeptide Mimics. Org. Biomol. Chem. 2016, 14, 3221-3233.
- L. Manzoni, D. Gornati, M. Manzotti, S. Cairati, A. Bossi, D. Arosio, D. Lecis, P. Seneci, Dual action Smac mimetics–zinc chelators as pro-apoptotic antitumoral agents. Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters. 2016, 26, 4613-4619.
No collaborations added yet